xtack is a free of charge, non-for-profit portable and modular web development stack* for Microsoft Windows® Vista through to Windows® 10 operating systems that integrates and orchestrates:
- Several HTTP servers: Apache 2.4, Apache 1.3 (legacy), Nginx, IIS Express and Node.js.
- Different database servers: MySQL 5.7, MySQL 5.5 (legacy), PostgreSQL 10.1 and MariaDB 10.2.
- PHP versions 5.2 (legacy) up to 7.2.
- Additional development tools and frameworks like Xdebug, Composer, PHP_CodeSniffer, PHPUnit, npm, Bower, phpMyAdmin, phpPgAdmin, php_browscap.ini, ModSecurity, Phalcon Framework, PHP Mess Detector (PHPMD) and Fake Sendmail.
- Well thought default initial configuration files, that can be further customized and adjusted as needed.
- All glued up by a thin, modular environment that runs on a simple Windows® Command Prompt, enables cherry-picking selection of components and that has online self-updating capabilities.
- xtack runs 32-bit versions of all the software components it integrates to maximize compatibility across both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Microsoft Windows®.
- xtack supports, detects and is able to automatically launch up to six different web browsers in parallel for your testing convenience when configured to do so: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Opera and Apple Safari for Windows®.
* xtack requires certain Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages to be previously installed on any system it runs on.